Sometimes men tend to be oblivious to the unspoken rules of dating. In dating, there are a set of often-unstated rules that people agree to. These rules aren’t so much about winning and losing, as they are about etiquette and expectations. Here’s a list of Do’s and Don’ts of dating you should know as a gentleman:
- DON’T wait until the last minute to make plans. Planning a date days in advance sets you apart
- DON’T ignore her in a group of strangers without introducing her. This makes you look bad.
- DON’T use bathroom mirror selfies on dating apps or sites. Also, ladies are tired of seeing selfies at the gym. Find a friend or a relative willing to help you with your photos.
- DON’T wait a week to contact her and expect her to still be interested.
- DON’T talk about your ex, whether it’s in a good way or bad. Trust me, she doesn’t want to hear about the fun times you had with them or how they broke your heart.
- DO Ask a woman something you want to know about her. Or ask her opinion on something/anything.
- DO Tell her how nice she looks; or how pretty her eyes are, or how beautiful her dress is. She has put time and energy into her appearance and seeing that you notice it, and like it makes her feel appreciated
- DO Use her name in sentences. “Sandra, have you seen this movie?” “Sandra, I had such a nice time the other day.” Doesn’t sound like a big deal, but it is.
- DO turn on your phone but don’t overuse it.
- Be you. You’re the one she wants to be with – not some attempt at an ‘improved’ version of you. If she doesn’t like you for who you are, she’s not for you.